Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tests that were supposed to be so simple turned into an all day event....

Because of all the stomach issues that Brady has been having his gastro doctor advised him to get a colonscopy done. He scheduled it for last Friday. He sends me to the pharmacy to pick up this list of stuff he is suppose to take before this procedure is done, so I drop off his prescription with the pharmacist and I return about 20 minutes later with everything on the list but the prescription. So I proceed to the counter to pick up what I am thinking is a bottle of pills only to find that it was a big gallon of stuff. I looked at the lady behind the counter as if she was crazy while I proceeded to say "Holy crap!" The lady in line behind me starts laughing and says it really isn't that bad and I proceed to tell her that, that was not for me! I begin my journey home to deliver all of the items to Brady so he can begin this nasty process of drinking all this liquid. I must say I am not looking foward to ever having to do this after watching him drink that gallon of stuff and then a bottle of liquid laxative and spend the entire evening in the potty...What fun is that!
His appointment was at 8:15 on Friday so we promptly arrive at 8:15, write a very large check and then sit and wait and wait and wait some more. Finally after an hour they call us back. Brady woke up with a pounding headache and of course he was starving because he couldn't eat anything after midnight. So we go back and they do the normal stuff you do before surgery and then we wait and wait some more....Brady wanted me to go and get his oil changed and his pickup washed so I finally said I am leaving I will be back later....An hour later my cell starts ringing just as I am walking back in the surgery center...The doctor tells me that he didn't see anything abnormal on the large intestine but because of Brady's symptoms he wants him to go to the hospital and have an upper GI, by this time it is already 12:30 and I am starving so I can only imagine how Brady is feeling...He comes out of his deep sleep and his head is still pounding only to find out that he can't take anything because we have to venture to the hospital for another test....He was not a happy camper....He gets dressed and we drive downtown to the hospital, go to registration, write another big check...It was a spendy day...And then walk to radiology where we wait, wait and wait some more...Now all of you that know me can only imagine what I am thinking at this point, I am not the most patient person on earth! Finally they call him back and an hour and half passes by and I don't hear anything from anyone, finally a man comes out and tells me I can go back and sit with him...Well I am thinking that he is done only to find out that now they have to take xrays every 30 minutes, so I go in to this massive xray room and Brady is laying on this xray table still with his pounding headache and stomach growling...He falls asleep on and off and I finally told him that I could not sit in there any longer I was literally going out of my mind....So I went walking around the hospital and got a soda and a healthy Butterfinger to eat....I make my way back to Radiology hoping and praying that he is done....Nope sure isn't, so I sit there and wait and wait and wait, nothing for 2 hours not even a peep from anyone....Every time that door would open to the radiology rooms I would look and hope that it was Brady walking out only to find that it wasn't Brady walking out I would turn around and proceed to say alot of fowl language to myself...Finally the xray lady comes out (note it is now a lady because they had a shift change, yes he was there that long!) and she could tell that I was very annoyed, I mean VERY annoyed. So she showed me the pictures and what they were waiting for, Brady had to drink this really thick liquid, I mean the cup felt like lead and before he could leave it had to reach his large intestine well by this time it is still sitting in the same exact spot as it was 3 hours ago! I looked at that xray lady and said are you freaking kidding me that could take forever....She was not sympathetic at all...I told Brady I had to get out of there so I left and went shopping....An hour later he sends me a text message and says come get me please, so I am thinking oh thank god he is done....Nope I get there and he is still in his hospital gown and I look at him and say WTF! He said I have to wait for her to come back and tell me I can go....I said well why did you tell me to come get you, I was shopping for gosh sake...So finally at about 5:15 he is allowed to leave...We immediately went and picked up Renly and went and got a very large ribeye at Texas Roadhouse....What was suppose to be a very simple thing turned into an all day event...The surgery center nurse told us when we left there to go to the hospital oh it will only take an hour, an hour my ass...

1 comment:

29again said...

ha ha ha ha. poor Brady. You are too funny!