Monday, December 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Jelly - RIP October 2008 - December 2008

So we arrived home late on Saturday after a wonderful Christmas with family only to find that our new puppy Peanut Butter Jelly had been run over....The sheer disappointment on Gage's face was enough to break any mom's heart...And poor Renly she really doesn't know what is going on other than Peanut is now in heaven with Bebo, the first puppy we had this year that I accidentally ran over..Our only guess is that one of our hunter's accidentally ran over him...If only they would have moved him off the road so that Gage and Renly wouldn't have seen him...I am sure that is a sight that will forever be embedded in their head as it will mine...So Gage and Brady had the task of digging a hole in the freezing cold yesterday and laying our precious Peanut to rest down by our barn so that we can go and visit him ever now again...We are done with puppies for awhile...My brothers yellow lab is currently pregnant with pure bred yellow labs so I am guessing that he will give the kids one...

3 comments:

John and Leah Roehl said...

So sorry for the kids and poor little Peanut....whoever did it must not have known, because any normal human being with a heart and a shred of decency would not have left him there...so sad for you guys! Leah

29again said...

oh steph i am so sorry! That is awful beyond words!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your puppy. That is tough for the little ones and I hope your kids are doing o.k.
But don't feel too bad, we have a tough time with small pets too. I am no longer allowed to get kittens because they never live past 6 mo. No matter how hard I try! I need larger hardy animals that are harder to kill off!