Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Deed is Finally Done....

So after many many years of contemplating Lasik, I finally went and had it done yesterday.....It did help that Brady gave me a swift kick and said "go, go and do it!" After spending the first three hours with the doctor and having my eyes, numbed, un-numbed, dilated, un-dilated, numbed again and unnumbed, I finally am able to see without corrective lenses!!! It was an experience I must say....They bring you into this laser room at your said time, mine was 2:15 and they lay you down, and then proceed to numb your eyes yet again! Then the doctor says don't react to any noises as you start hearing all this equipment in the background, oh yeah right like I am not going to react to that then he tells me don't mind the smell, as I start smelling the flesh of my eyeball burning off and I am like ummm yeah ok, I won't react to that.....Given that I have been through this whole laser thing before when I had my tattoo removed the popping noise that the laser makes didn't bother me but I can see why it would bother some people....All and all I am very pleased with the results, currently seeing 20/25 due to my extremely dry eyes which I didn't know I had until yesterday. He told me that I was NOT the ideal type to be in contacts and that could explain all the problems that I have had for the past 15 years of wearing them!!!! If you are thinking of doing it, do it, it is very worth the money......Like Brady I wished I would have done it when he first told me to do it 3 years ago. Happy Seeing!

2 comments:

J. Page said...

That is so exciting! My company used to pay for lasik, but at the time my dr. said to wait b/c my eyes were still changing. Hoping to do it one of these days. Hope all is well! I miss seeing you.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...I am so happy for you! You will just LOVE it!! Gerrit had that done about 6 years ago and it was the best thing he ever did. He now has 20/15 sight. And no more having to deal with glasses and all that other stuff. These next few weeks your eyes will feel a bit dry and scratchy but after that you are home free! Crangrats!!