Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Terrified

Brady and I have a friend, Sutton, that has a plane and Brady has been wanting Sutton to take Gage up in the plane. Course as a mother and as a person that is terrified to fly this does NOT sit well. So Brady calls me about 45 minutes ago and says "Hey I just had lunch with Sutton and he needs to go down to Eldorado to put gas in his plane but he has to fly the plane down there." "Do you mind if Gage and I ride with him?" Course I immediately go into panic mode and Brady is greeted with just silence on the phone. After pondering it for a moment I ask Brady "Do you have your life insurance up to date?" Half joking and half serious, course I know its up to date because I pay the premiums but I wanted him to think about that. Brady tells me that Gage really wants to go so I decide to leave the decision up to him. However I did tell him " I don't want to get any phone calls saying that you have crashed." Sutton already knows my thoughts on flying in his plane because he and his wife Johanna have asked us to go with them when they go flying and I just look at them like they have lost their minds. So as I type this I am anxiously awaiting the phone call telling me that they are safely back on the ground.....No offense Sutton I am sure you are a skilled pilot but I don't even trust the American Airlines pilots.

2 comments:

J. Page said...

It is pretty bad that I had to read on your blog that my husband went flying today...We even had dinner together and talked about our days. Sutton was more excited about your house- He said it is awesome. Well, they made it back safely...Maybe next time you can go, too:). Hope you're having a good week.

Ginger said...

I am totally laughing because I can just hear that conversation play out in my head. I can even hear your tone of voice...Glad they made it back. I remember when Stephen took Jackson on his first ride. They do their thing every year since JD was almost 3 to the Tech game. I told him he was crazy to take a 3yr old on an airplane by himself. I think I bit all my nails off and then some until I knew they were on the ground.