Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black Monday

I had been dreading August 25th for almost 2 months not only because school was starting but because I was having surgery on my crown that broke off. I absolutely hate going to the dentist it ranks right up there with painting! So the day had finally come, Brady left to take Gage to the bus and Renly and I followed shortly after. I started to back out of the driveway and Renly decided that she wanted a new movie for the drive to town so I stopped and got in the back and let her pick out a movie well while I was in the back our little dog must have decided to sit behind my back tire because when I went back to my seat and started backing up I immediately felt a big thump and I knew I had just ran over him. My heart just broke. He ran out yelping and our lab was yelping and it was literally a holy nightmare. Renly just looked at me and said "Did you just squish my dog." I had to sadly tell her "Yes." I try to call Brady and of course modern technology does not allow me to get him so I drive to his parents house and he comes out and I tell him what happened. I am thinking on my way to Renly's school this is great, I not only have to have surgery today but I just ran over our dog. Brady calls and says that he is going to take him to the vet and for me to call as soon as I get out to find out what is going on. 3 hours later I call him only to find out that the damage was just to much, he had a broken leg and pelvis and no telling what kind of internal damage so we had to put him down. As I am making my way back home I just start bawling, keep in mind I am not a crier but I just could not help it and I knew that Gage was going to be very sad when he found out. I dreaded pulling up into our driveway knowing that he wouldn't be there. Once I got there I looked at our lab and he was so sad it made my heart break all over again. I went inside to rest and later came out only to find our lab bleeding from somewhere, Brady told me later that his mouth had been bleeding for the past few days, thinks that he bit his tongue or something. Brady and I picked up Gage off the bus and headed to town to get Renly and Brady told him what had happened to Bebo and he just sat there, said nothing which is very odd for Gage and then he said "When can we get a new dog?" And the next one we get can we name him "Bebo." I kindly told him no that we would not be naming him "Bebo." He was sad for a minute or so but is already wanting a new dog so that is good and Renly she hasn't even asked about him. Needless to say I am glad that Monday is over and Tuesday is here, I am hoping the rest of the week goes much better than yesterday.

1 comment:

John and Leah Roehl said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers from Virginia for you and your family!