Friday, July 11, 2008

Proud Mama



Yesterday was the last day of the Fred Rike Basketball Camp and they had an awards ceremony. So me, my mom and my grandma went to support Gage. As they started handing out awards I was starting to see a pattern, all the awards in Gage's age division were going to the same little boy, which was ok because he is in Gage's class but it was kind of frustrating too. Until Coach Rike announced the Best Defensive Player award at which time he called out Gage's name. Me and my mom started hooping and hollering like a bunch of idiots but I was so proud and actually shocked. Not because I don't think Gage is a great basketball player but because the awards were all going to the same little boy prior to this one. I was not at all surprised that Gage received this particular award because we all know that he is an aggressive sportsman no matter what sport it is. As soon as the awards ceremony was over we walked out and Gage ran and immediately wanted to call Brady who was very proud that Gage received not just an award but especially that award. Gage thought he received it because he blocked one of Colton's (which is the little boy that won all the other awards) shots but I think it was because of more than just blocking that one shot! Needless to say I am a very proud mama...Next up, Flag Football.....

No comments: