Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Never Ends.....

Yeah so on top of all the female issues I am having my permanent crown came off during a Zumba class last Thursday, mind you this was supposed to be a "free" class but with this little tooth incident it is proving to most definitely not be "free." So my dentist tells me I have two options seems to be the pattern these days, my ob doctor told me the same thing! Anyway, first option is to have an implant put in, which is not covered by dental insurance because it is considered to be "experimental" although they have been doing them for over 25 years, go figure! Or the second option is to have a post put in and then they build up the crown around that and insurance does pay for part of that but my dentist doesn't think that I will get more than 5 years out of this. So eventually I will have to have an implant put in but the question is do I want to do it now or later? I chose to go with the post in hopes that if I can get 5 years out of it maybe dental insurance will cover some of the implant when the time arrives to put one in. When it rains it pours I tell ya!

No comments: